Attack of the class action! New challenges for companies and their legal advisers
Digitalisation made it possible! The finance, health, tobacco and food industries have already encountered the first wave of class actions. The automobile industry is currently in the midst of high profile class actions and more industries are sure to follow. Thanks to legal technology, extensive class actions, especially in the capital market and consumer sectors, are on the rise. This fast growing area is representative of the fundamental changes in the legal market and affects the way legal departments work with external counsel.
Suddenly the focus has changed:
- Previously unknown market participants are making an impact with an innovative approach to clients
- Legal technology has become a question of survival - for everyone
- Legal departments face huge challenges and law firms must take on new roles
- Litigation finance and debt collection companies are coming onto the scene
- German politics play an important role, and the establishment of class actions procedures are under discussion
The Autumn Conference of the Bucerius CLP is regarded as having its finger on the pulse of the legal market. Meet the key players from companies, institutions and law firms, as well as alternative legal service providers (start-ups as well as established providers of technology solutions) at the 8th Autumn Conference.
Marketing & PR
Phone: +49 40 30706-199